Pro-Pipe Norway AS offers our customers in the district heating and offshore sector professional coordination in welding technical know-how and quality control of welding work in accordance with welding EN 729.
Our employees are trained and qualified in the following areas:
Welding methods and equipment
- Selection of technically most suitable welding method in terms of quality, economy and material
- Choosing the most appropriate way to make weld joints based on drawings and specifications.
- Be able to initiate repair work on the basis of inspection reports
- Be able to prepare a written report documenting that the welding work has been carried out in accordance with the production specifications.
Materials and their weldability
- Assessment of the validity of material certificates based on requirements in DS/ISO, DIN and future EN /Euronorm
- Assessment and reception of steel based on the certificate’s information on manufacturing process, chemical analysis, mechanical properties and heat treatment
- Assessment of the importance of heat intake on the mechanical properties of the Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) and the determination of new welding data based on calculations by heat supply
- Take precautions against metallurgical defects – such as tear-out fractures, heat and hydrogen cracks.
Constructive, fabrication and quality controversy
- Be able to understand and assess shrinkage and deformations
- Calculations of welding stresses and deformations
- Be able to take precautions against deformations – including welding fixtures, welding order, free shrinkage and more
- Be able to help increase quality through the knowledge of quality management
- Be able to judge welding failure
- Be able to propose changes in production and construction so that they are weldable.
Calculations, geometry connection with welding technique
- Geometric definitions and figures
- Plan geometric calculations
- Calculation rules for trigonometric calculations
- Be able to perform mixed calculations in connection with welding technical tasks
- Be able to perform calculations of current, voltage, resistance, electrical components, induction, magnetism, mechanical physics
Certifikat fra International Institute of Welding.